December 18, 2006

There's a warm wind blowin' the stars around

Today was an unseasonably warm day to have a Christmas party. There is something to be said, though, for not needing a coat and not having to cope with snow and ice and sleet.

After the CEO concluded the festivities, and everyone departed to enjoy an afternoon of leave, some of us headed to a local watering hole. Funny how I ended up surrounded by "my boys" from Marketing...

A few rum & cokes, some sips of Paul's sour apple martini (ordered with my consumption in mind, I think, since he kept setting it in front of me anyway) made me happy. But I stayed alert, in control- I had time constraints because it was my day to pick up the kids from school.

My favorite crush walked me to my car. He flirted, I flirted, but so did the other boys. No one will be the wiser. But it would have been nice to exchange something more than a good-bye hug in the parking lot.

No comments: