January 21, 2007

Newlyweds, a decade later

It was at the bottom of the drawer, since it's been awhile since my nightime attire was something other than t-shirts, yoga pants, or flannel. But the nightgown, the same one I wore on my wedding night, fit.

Things were nice last night, they were good and fun and just the way they always were. And we fell asleep with smiles on our faces.

When I woke up this morning, Husband asked me how I was doing. And he smiled again, telling me that he wanted to pick up where we left off. We locked the bedroom door, and resumed, and things were almost at the same conclusion as the night before. But some things are not the same as they always were.

"MOMMY!" came the shout from beyond the door, "MOMMY, DADDY, we need you!" said the Elder Son. "We want to show you how we made the solar system!"

"Da door is stuck," cried the Younger Son. "Open up, pwease. I need a choc-a-chip cookie."

And we put on our robes, and left the bedroom with smiles on our faces.

No comments: