February 2, 2007

It's been a good week

I had my review today. Unlike last year, when I had the young manager who was trying to prove her importance and relevancy to everyone, I now report to an experienced executive with too much work on her plate. So, unlike last year, I got a review in which moving things forward without much input from the higher-ups was seen as a good thing, and expanding my knowledge was seen as growth instead of as an attempt to overstep my bounds.

A positive professional interaction with senior management. A positive personal interaction that left a certain someone a bit...how shall I say this...agitated. A pair of dark-wash, low-rise bootcut jeans, a fitted button down shirt, and the boots and accessories that coordinate so well with both. That's a combination I can heartily endorse.

No comments: